Sunday, September 25, 2011

I Should've Majored in The Procrastination Arts

So I was SUPPOSED to be updating everyone from when I left home, through my travel days to Florida, and during my week off before I started working.  Yeah...first post and I start work tomorrow morning.  Not that anyone is suprised - I mean, really, are you?  Anyhoo - the trip down here was LOOOOONG.  In one day we drove from Mississippi to the tip of Florida.  That's like 13 hours in a car. And I get cranky when I'm hungry, y'all know that.  But once we got here?  Gracious goodness, this place is gorgeous!

For the first couple of days we stayed with friends of Tim, on Sanibel Island.  They own a sea kayaking business on Captiva Island, so we got to do some awesome stuff.  Sea kayaking was fun, but damn it was a work-out.  They used us as guinea pigs for a cruise/kayak tour to a nearby island, which was spectacular.  If anyone gets the chance to come down here - to visit me or just for vacation, you HAVE to go to Captiva Kayak.

I'm now all moved in to my new appartment, and let me tell you - this place is really nice.  I'll post pictures as soon as I can, I promise.  I'm starting work in the morning, and while I'm really excited, I'm still nervous.  I met most of the company at a bbq this afternoon, so the first impression is out of the way (thank goodness), but I mean...AHHH!  First day of work jitters.

Anyway, true to form I'm hungry, and I'm chilling out with my flatmates Tyler and Julianne - we're watching River Monsters.  We've developed a habit of watching super intense shows and mercilessly making fun of them.  They're wonderfully fun people to live with.  Soooooo, I'm gonna cut this short, make food, and keep cracking jokes about prehistoric fish monsters.  I miss everyone!

Love,
Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment