Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezie!

Morning everyone!  I was planning to update several times over the past few days, but due to the hectic nature of those days, I couldn't quite get to it.  This morning, though, I found out that I don't have to be at work until 11, for a meet and greet with the equity cast members, so HELLO EXTRA HOUR!  I was going to spend it catching up on some TV, but then there was some crushing guilt and ta-da, blog post!

I've had a bizarre couple of days, but there was a whole week of work before that, wasn't there?  Well, that first week was...easy.  My immediate bosses don't like starting work before 10 am (I'm pretty ok with that), and we usually ended our day around 2.  This won't be the norm starting today, because we're FINALLY getting our actors for the first show!  Costumers without actors to costume have nothing to do but organize, design, and go to production meetings.  On that note, though, somehow the assistant costume designer, Judy, and the costume designer, Roberta, Jedi mind-tricked me into designing one of the children's shows.  I told them I really didn't want to, they said to think about doing it, and suddenly I was agreeing to design.  It might be voodoo, actually, now that I think about it.  Or an imperius curse.  In any case, I've gotten all my research done, and I have preliminary renderings to show Claire, the director.  Me = a bundle of nerves. If Claire likes them I'll think about posting the renderings, but I probably won't.  I can't draw worth a damn.  You'll get pictures from photo call,  more than likely.  And really, that's most of my week.  I would get off work, putter around my apartment, get a "pool time" text, go have pool time with the production shop, eat dinner, watch some TV, and then go to bed.  The best part about all of that?  We keep doing it even after our days get long, and WAY after it gets cold in my dear Oxford/Sewanee!  In fact, I've been informed that when it gets cold the text changes to "hot tub time" instead.  So yeah, my job has been amazing so far, and I expect it'll stay much the same.  Yay!

P.S.  This is all the dazzling parts of my job.  It'll get to the frazzled part soon enough, I promise.

P.P.S.  I figured out comments!  So, yeah...you can do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment