Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sorry.  I just experienced some technical difficulties in which my text decided to do some weird thing (hint: rhymes with "blinvisble") and I couldn't continue my last post.  So I just posted it unfinished, and it will continue here:

our painting intern, was tailgating out of her boyfriend's truck.  Tailgating (the only part of football games I can get behind) while dressed as zombies.  Yes, please!  It was magical.  Now, being me, I had my camera with me the ENTIRE time, and yet I took no pictures.  Sorry.  There are a few on facebook, though, for your viewing pleasure.  ANNDDDDDDDD - we broke the world record for largest zombie walk!  And by "broke" I mean we took the record from like 4,000 to over 10,000.  Basically, Fort Myers is awesome.

In the spirit of my past blog posts, and what may become a tradition here where the frazzled and dazzled play, I only took the time to update because I got off work early.  The trouble with our first show, Rumors, is that it is modern, upscale, and has a small cast.  Sooo, we rented tuxes, bought some dresses, and made a few jackets. The rest of our time has been spent teaching me fun things like setting wigs.  Judy is being great - teaching me all the terminology and forcing me to make mistakes so I can learn properly.  I'll take a few pictures (I SWEAR) and post them when I've finished styling this one wig I'm really proud of.

Other than that, all I have to report is that I'm getting a taste of what it means to live in Florida during storm seasons.  Yesterday I thought my car was going to up and float off the road.  This morning I wore shorts to work, and now this afternoon I'm slouching around my apartment in yoga pants, a sweatshirt and a scarf.  I'm fully expecting it to be bizarrely warm tomorrow, just to keep me on my toes.

The last note I'll leave on is that my favorite holiday of the year is coming up in a few weeks, and I have yet to decide on a costume.  I'm brainstorming, but I'm so used to group costumes now (thanks a lot, college) that I can't seem to come up with anything I love for just me.  I think I left my creativity on the mountain...  Maybe a few Halloween-themed food network competitions will help!  In any case, they never hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment