Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October = Awesome

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE October.  More specifically, I love Halloween.  Best holiday ever.  You get to dress up, and instead of weird looks you get candy.  Not to mention Halloween specials on Syfy and Disney (I love me some Halloweentown, y'all).  But this October's awesomeness is going to rival that of all the previous October's of my life combined.  This is due to several things, but mostly it's because of Zombicon. That's right, zombicon.  Fun fact: Fort Meyers was the location of the opening scene from Romero's "Day of the Dead", and the people who live around here are proud.  Every year for the past 5 years they've gathered, reenacted the scene, then stumbled around dressed to the nines (if you consider looking dead and rotting "to the nines", which I do), and had a massively good time.  And, y'all, this thing is HUGE!  They estimated 10,000 people last year.  This has become a part of Fort Meyers' official tourism-y stuff, takes up most of the downtown area, and might be the most awesome thing EVVEERRRR.  Needless to say, I went.

Y'all, this event was MADE for me, I swear!  I got to put on zombie makeup, drink in public, and dance to good music.  And the even better part is that Mandalin, our

No comments:

Post a Comment